Module 1 Lecture 3: Managing Clients and Consumers
People have always been an organisations most important asset, however as we move to an era in which knowledge and ingenuity are core sources of competitive value, we need to put people and their experience at the heart of our workplace management thinking. In this module we discuss the concept of the employee as a consumer and examine what that means in practice. We explore the concept of audience segmentation, the role of the ‘client’ and the tools, techniques and information flows needed to maintain effective relationships.
• Understand ‘consumers’ and ‘clients’ in the workplace
• Analyse the desires and needs of ‘consumers’
• Explore market segmentation strategy
• How to manage and engage with clients
• Build an Customer Relationship Management (CRM) ‘intelligence’ System