WORKTECH19 New York
Date(s) - 05/09/2019
One Liberty Plaza
New York, NY
WORKTECH19 New York is the forum for all those involved in the future of work and the workplace as well as real estate, technology and innovation. Discuss the latest thinking on the growing importance of workplace as a strategic tool for an organisation’s business return.
Join senior professionals from real estate, facilities, HR, technology, executive management architecture, design and professional advisors to listen to global thought leaders, further their knowledge and share best practise and expertise.
The event will be held at Convene’s brand new space at One Liberty Plaza, opening in April 2019. Changing the way Downtown NYC meets and works, this multi-level space is inspired by the building’s history with U.S. Steel and provides an upscale “industrial chic” work environment to maximize comfort, productivity and collaboration.
As part of our Friends of WE partnership, we’ve scored you a special discount!
Click to Register Through Our WE Discount Link
Speakers and Sessions Include:
- Gillian Tett, Best-selling Author and US Managing Editor, Financial Times | Gillian will share insights from her book, The Silo Effectand examine how our tendency to create functional departments—silos—hinders our work. With her background in anthropology and experience reporting on the financial crisis in 2008, Gillian will explore how people organize themselves and interact with each other and why so many organizations still suffer from a failure to communicate.
- Alessandro Ranaldi, Partner, Head of Workplace Consultancy, Foster + Partners | Alessandro will examine how organizational cultures shape design. Foster + Partners’ approach to workplace design is greatly influenced by the end-user, acknowledging the different ways companies work and the influence of technology. He will share some of the design tools used to engender a sense of ownership and community in the workforce, enabling companies to attract and retain the best talent.
- Hans Neubert, Global Creative Lead, Digital Experiences, Gensler | Hans will explore how the next phase of workplace design and technology will shift from creating places that last, to designing user-centric, innovation-ready, and highly adaptive spaces that learn and change in real-time for continuous evolution, sustainability, and performance. Hans focuses on the integration of physical spaces and digital services, bringing 20 years of expertise in creating immersive brand experiences, digital innovation, and large-scale design systems.
- Nelly Ben Hayoun Ph.D, Designer of Experiences, Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios/ SETI Institute/ University of the Underground | Nelly Ben Hayoun is a designer of experiences that aims to bring the sublime to life. Dubbed the “Willy Wonka of Design,” Dr. Nelly Ben Hayoun is an award-winning French designer and filmmaker who creates multi-dimensional experiential projects at the intersection of science, theatre, politics and Design. In 2018, Nelly has been distinguished as the first on the list of top 50 women on the speaker circuit by The Drum Magazine; while in 2017, Creative Review named her one of the Creative Leaders 50, selecting 50 creatives across the EU that they felt were ‘driving change, not just within their organisation but in the world at large’. Also in 2017, Dezeen selected her as one of the ’50 inspirational women in architecture and design’. Wired awarded her, their inaugural Innovation Fellowship in 2014, and Icon magazine recognized Dr. Ben Hayoun as one of the top 50 designers ‘shaping the future’ for her pioneering “total bombardment” design philosophy
- David Music, Real Estate Specialist, Willis Towers Watson | David will discuss the future of the connected workplace and driving opportunity through workplace experience and data. Willis Towers Watson has been on a 4-year transformation of their global real estate portfolio. Using a combination of workplace experience focused design and data, they have achieved year over year financial and operational improvements.
- Kieth Evan Green, Professor of Design and Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Cornell University | Keith will examine how human-machine collaborations will shape the future of work. The expansion of IT and the human population will inevitably shape the new workplace as robots for working in. Such developments are in the works, changing how we work, think, and understand ourselves
Click to Register Through Our WE Discount Link
WORKTECH is organised by UNWIRED, a leading research and events company, looking at the impact that emerging technologies will have on work and the work place, the retail sector, and the property sector. UNWIRED organises cutting-edge conferences, executive briefings, symposia and exhibitions. From WORKTECH to practical briefings on workplace sustainability, the future of wireless, and agile working, UNWIRED brings together senior professionals and thought-leaders for unsurpassed learning and networking opportunities.
“We set out to predict trends and shape the future through innovative and inspirational research, analysis and forecasting.” Philip Ross, founder, and CEO of Unwired Ventures