Date(s) - 05/01/2019
WORKTECH, the leading international workplace conference series, will make its debut in Los Angeles on 1st May 2019, in partnership with Convene – premium meeting, event, and work space in the heart of Downtown L.A.
The one-day conference and exhibition will focus on the future of work and the workplace from a holistic perspective, exploring real estate, technology, HR, design and architecture. WORKTECH19 Los Angeles will host local and international thought leaders to discuss the latest trends and thinking in workplace innovation, sharing industry expertise, cutting-edge research, and pioneering case studies from around the world. As part of our partnership we’ve scored WE members a discount!
Click to Register Through Our WE Discount Link
Speakers and Sessions at WORKTECH19 Los Angeles:
- Philip Ross, Futurologist and CEO, Cordless & Ungroup | Sentience is the capacity to feel, perceive or experience subjectively. It is the new battleground for workplace as people embrace AI and machine learning to personalise the future of work. Philip will explore the enablers behind this trend, how it will drive smart decisions and where companies will realise benefits as the battle of talent intensifies and focus shifts to contextualised employee experience and consumerised technology.
- Rohan Silva, Co-Founder, Second Home and former senior policy advisor to Prime Minister, David Cameron | Rohan is a global thought leader on the relationship between public policy and innovation, he has an unrivaled perspective on technology’s potential to transform public services and drive economic growth and job creation. Rohan will share his thoughts on how we, as humans, can win the inevitable race against the machine, focusing on how the built environment can be designed to help people and teams flourish in the new digital age.
- Primo Orpilla Principal & Co-Founder, Studio O+A and Clive Wilkinson, President, Design Director, Clive Wilkinson Architects | Open plan has been around long enough to attract both critics and defenders, but there’s no question it’s the prevailing design for modern workplaces. Two design visionaries, Primo Orpilla of Studio O+A and Clive Wilkinson of Clive Wilkinson Architects discuss their continued enthusiasm for open plan and their conviction that creativity springs from collaborative spaces.
- Yester Sabondzhyan, Workplace Experience Program Manager, Hulu and Kate Dodd, Woods Bagot North America Workplace Strategy Lead | Hulu is growing faster than ever, driven by a bold, rebel spirit. At the intersection of tech and media, Kate and Yester are millennials driving data to deliver a strategic workplace vision to support the future of the business
- Kelly Robinson, Workplace Designer, Airbnb, SoundCloud, Headspace | With a deep understanding of the importance of space and its impact on how we work, live, feel and relate, Kelly creates environments centered on improving health and wellness, inspiring meaningful interaction and deepening our connection to the planet. With a successful track record of building functional homes for pioneering companies and bringing brands to life, she marries business sense with a passion for nurturing the spirit.
- Matthew Savarick, Team Wellbeing and Performance Lead, Headspace | Matthew is an experienced Meditation leader with a Bachelor of Science in Integrative Biology, Biochemistry and Neurochemistry from the University of Florida. Matthew will give a presentation on the benefits of mindfulness meditation in the workplace, walking through what mindfulness meditation is, the science behind it, the many benefits and how those benefits are transforming the way the world’s leading brands are doing business today.
Further speakers and sessions to be announced soon
Click to Register Through Our WE Discount Link
WORKTECH is organised by Unwired, a research and events company, looking at the impact that emerging technologies will have on work and the work place, the retail sector, and the property sector. WORKTECH is a series of market-leading international workplace conferences and exhibitions that takes place in over 25 cities around the world. WORKTECH conferences attract corporate decision makers and senior level players from major international organisations from roles that include leadership, operations, real estate, workplace, facilities, technology, HR, finance and innovation, as well as architects and designers, project managers, surveyors, management consultancies, academics and others involved in the future world of work. The events inspire and educate through high quality content and industry-leading speakers, as well as providing unrivaled networking opportunities.
“We’re extremely excited to be bringing WORKTECH to Los Angeles, a growing international hub of business and innovation. With extensive pools of talent across various industries from media and entertainment to tech and finance, L.A. is one of the most important office markets in North America and at the epicentre of workplace innovation and design. We’re delighted to bring experts from across a variety of industries together to share insights and trends shaping the new world of work. We look forward to welcoming everyone to the event in May” – Philip Ross, founder, and CEO of Unwired Ventures