Monday, November 5th, 2018
David J. Burden MBA SIOR
Principal, Colliers (Chicago)
AREA OF EXPERTISE
I have become a leader of the Chicago Corporate Solutions Team specializing in tenant representation and strategic real estate advisory services for Fortune 500 companies, middle market corporations, financial services companies, education companies and law firms. My integrity and entrepreneurial energy inspires teammates to solve problems with distinction.
I achieved the honor of Colliers Everest Club (in recognition of the company’s top producers) each year since 2009, and was the top producing professional for Colliers Chicago in 2010 and 2014. I also received the following awards:
• 2015 Finalist, NAIOP Development of the Year Award
• 2015 CoreNet Global Chicago Chapter Service Provider of the Year
• 2014 Finalist, Chicago Office Tenant Rep Broker of the Year (Crain’s/GCFD panel of peers)
• Finalist, NAIOP Chicago, Downtown Office Transaction of the Year, 2010
• Finalist, NAIOP Chicago, Suburban Office Transaction of the Year, 2010
• 2010 Finalist, Chicago Office Tenant Rep Broker of the Year
• CoStar Power Broker, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
I earned the prestigious SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors) designation and adhere to its strict ethical standards. I have been quoted for my industry expertise in The Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Crain’s Chicago Business, and by the industry’s leading information company Co-Star Group.
BUSINESS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
After college, I dove into a career as economic development advisor for the State of Illinois and soon thereafter as a site selection consultant for Arthur Andersen. From a young age though, my passion was real estate and I accelerated it at Kellogg while transitioning to tenant representation and corporate advisory real estate consulting. Prior to joining Colliers in 2008, I practiced tenant representation and corporate services at CBRE and Cushman & Wakefield.
My wife and I have three sons.
You must be logged in to post a comment.